I decided to play a game of basketball today after about a two-week layoff for the holidays. I thought that I was going to be totally out of it after eating all the food that I did eat, but surprisingly I was moving quickly, coming off the picks and screens quickly, getting the ball, gathering my shot and delivering the perfect shot, I had to say that my form was perfect today. However, I can’t say the same thing for many other people on the court today. After the game, someone stopped and said, “Lincoln I’m not sure what’s wrong with my form. It’s just off, what can I do?
Now this got me to thinking allot about my Business and what it is that you need to do in order to get your perfect FORM back. I did give him some advice today and I know this advice helped me and will help someone else with their business so I wanted to share it. In Business, be it Traditional or Non traditional like Network Marketing, some days you will not have the perfect form and you will not be able to close the sale, or someone will walk away, or someone will tell you its a SCAM, but what we really need to realize is that it takes a few steps in order for us to get our form back. Here are the 5 tips I gave him.
- You must continue to fight through it – You must fight through your struggles you can’t think that because you had one bad outing that tomorrow will be more of the same. You have to continue to sow the seed of your business or your idea until you are back on track.
- You must focus on the goal – I explained to him that when you are coming off of a pick in basketball you have to be focused on the Rim or the Goal, and when the ball hits your hand it should be like second nature and you should just let it go. However, the focus that you have on your Goal or (the goal) will be the determining factor in your achieving or hitting the winning shot.
- Remain Aggressive - You must remain aggressive at all times because the minute you let your guard down someone will knock you to the floor and cause you to lose momentum. The knock down could be a customer that drops your service, or a Partner that decides to quit, or someone telling you NO. Staying aggressive on the basketball court, is the same as being aggressive in business, you can’t stop.
- You must follow through – This is so very important to the basketball player and the business owner, you MUST follow through on your shot. The follow through along with the perfect form, will get you the winning shot the majority of the time.
- You must have confidence and visualize that you will hit the shot – This is so very important to the success of your business because you have to visualize yourself winning already. You have to visualize yourself as the top income earner that has blessed so many people and have changed so many lives. Can you see yourself as that person? Do you already visualize where you will be? This is the most critical and missing element of them all. Most people don’t believe that they can. And if that is the case, most likely you are correct.
So in going over all these steps I truly helped myself also because like everyone knows, nobody is perfect all the time and we all have off days, its how we get back to Perfect Form is the question.
Question: Which of these 5 principles do you like? Or do you struggle with any one or more of them? What do you do to get back in FORM?