This past weekend I was speaking with a friend of mine that is NOT in the Network Marketing arena nor does he feel he is interested in Network Marketing at all. I think the reason why he feels that he’s not industry material is because of what he has seen in the past and how people appear to be overbearing about their business. He mentioned to me that his family member is on the edge of becoming a stalker with his Network Marketing business. Every-time he visits him at his house, he has been asked to join his cousin’s business over and over. How should you handle this?
Most individuals that join ANY company it does not need to be network marketing, need to be properly trained on how to speak and how to do business properly. If they don’t then unfortunately they just do what they think is the right thing to do, which is naturally speak about their business to others, after all it is what you should do anyway right? Or how else would anyone know what you do?
For example lets say you have a start-up company that is just getting off the ground and you are needing exposure into your traditional start-up, you are going to need to promote your business so that others know about it. So what’s the difference between the two? Absolutely nothing, its how its done and comes across.
So for the Network Marketer what should be done is to have a business launch in your home, every business has an official launch right?
- Launch your business – This is where you can invite close associates, potential customers, friends and family members to your official launch. What better place to have it than at your home? It’s where your office will be right? Don’t try to get too fancy just invite as many people as possible. This should be a celebration of your business and you should invite as many people as possible to your launch.
- After your launch you will now decide based on your guest list who will be your customers and who wants their own franchise. This is very simple, the people who don’t want anything, can have a snack and leave immediately.
- Serve your customers – Now that you have customers for your business you are going to need to service them. Treat your customers with excellent customer service. Even if most of them are your family members, you need to treat them exceptionally well by sending thank you cards, gift suggestions and keeping them updated on new products and services that the company releases for future business. (Treat your home business like it should be treated).
- Train your Business Partners – The key to success is making sure you build a strong organization and that comes through training. Working together with your new business owners showing them the ropes of how to get their Grand Opening and also, how to build their own business successfully from the comfort of their own home. What could be any better?
- Introduce the concept to others – Many of us grew up in homes where our parents worked a regular job for their entire lives. Most of them are still working because they have to and really were not introduced to new concepts of generating income passively. The wealthy teach their children how to generate income by providing a service one time and getting paid off of it continuously. This concept has been around for years and the model is strong, its our duty to introduce this concept to others. Most think they should work for someone else and contribute to someone else’s income instead of contributing to their own.
This can cause some frustration when you as a Network marketer see how lucrative this industry is and you wanted the best way to learn how to become a business owner by starting a franchise with a low entry point, with a HIGH rate of return. When others don’t see this it raises the frustration level for others. This is how I think of that situation. If someone does not want to become a business owner with this model in your company, you can’t force them to because everyone is not an Entrepreneur and you at this point should move on.
When I partnered with 5linx, I made many mistakes on how to invite, how to do a Grand Opening and how to allow others this opportunity for themselves and its all a personal development and learning process and it takes time just like any other traditional business. If I could offer any word of advice to a new Network Marketer or one that is struggling, when you have more leads that you can call for your business, you tend to get Posture, and when you have posture, you won’t need to call the same people over and over again.
Question: Do you understand the Network Marketing model? Do you believe its a viable business model? Why or why not?