No, Leader becomes a Leader just by waking up and claiming that they are a Leader. It’s really going to take some Personal Growth. As you know I attended the Chick-Fil-A-Leadercast last week and of course John Maxwell spoke on Leadership and also his new book that will be out this fall called The 15 Laws of Personal Growth.
I was so blown away when I heard these 3 of the 15 Laws of Personal growth, I wanted to make sure that I share them with you.
- The Law of Intentionality – Growth doesn’t just happen, you need a personal growth plan and you have to work at it.
- The Choice you make, makes you. Make Intentional choices
- Most people want to change their circumstances, but never want to change their lives. Everything gets better when we get better.
- The secret of your success is determined by your daily agenda.
- The law of diminishing return – The longer you wait you won’t do anything.
- The best investment you can make is in yourself.
- The Law of awareness – We must know ourselves to grow ourselves.
- Requirement – What’s required of me?
- Return – What gives me the greatest return. What do we do well.
- You want to work in your strength zone.
- What’s rewarded is what we keep moving toward.
- The Law of Environment – Growth thrives in conducive environments.
- Do you have a growing environment and growing friends?
- What is a Growth Environment?
- A growth environment is a place where others are ahead of you. If you are at the head of the class you are in the wrong place.
- It’s where you are continually challenged.
- Where your focus is forward.
- Where the atmosphere is affirming, and the people want to be better.
- Where I am often out of my comfort zone.
- Where I wake up excited.
- Where failure is not your enemy.
- Where other people are growing.
- Where people desire change.
- Where growth is modeled, where it’s expected of you to grow.
When John Maxwell shared those few laws with us I was blow away at its simplistic nature these laws are yet not many of us follow them. So my question to you today is this.
Question: How are you gauging your progress as a Leader? How do you know you are growing?
My Vision: As a Professional Entrepreneur, my vision is to help others market themselves online to build GOD focused Organizations. It’s all about Creating a tribe of Entrepreneurs that love the Lord, their families, and seeing others succeed.