If you don’t know I play on the Internet all day long. Its my business, and had previously been my job for over 10 years. I was asked by a friend of mine how I put together my website and it was really not that difficult at all. So I decided that I was going to do a 3 or 4 part series on how to get WordPress installed and configured to look good and take leads for your business. Are you ready?
Now for some of you this may be very trivial because you have already installed WordPress and it’s rocking for you now. However everyday someone new is wanting to get online to capture leads for their business. And how exactly do you do that when you don’t have a Web Infrastructure background like I did? This series is for you.
Now this video picks up at the step of already having a hosting account and a domain and you are ready to install WordPress. However, if you don’t have a Domain name or hosting you can do that all in one step with Blue Host. Here are the steps;
- Go to www. Bluehost.com and register for an account.
- If you don’t have a domain like (www.lincolnparks.com) there will be a slot to enter your name when signing up. If you already have a domain registered with someone else like Godaddy.com then make sure you specify that also.
- Next you will go through and pay and you should be ready to go after that.
So now go to the video and you should be able to see how WordPress is installed and in the remaining parts of this series you will see the following; In my line of business capturing Leads, dripping emails on them consistently and teaching, training via video and email is critical to my success or failure.
- How to install a Theme and configure it.
- How to configure your blog to capture Leads.
- How to configure mailchimp for Lead capture.
Keep in mind, I am not a graphics guy that can make things look pretty, but I can make them functional. So I hope you enjoy this little weekend series on WordPress and blogging and that it does not bore you.
Question: What advice can you offer to a new blogger? What keeps you blogging?