The reason I am writing about this topic is because Its something I had to learn how to work on with only one person while I was in Corporate America. You know I went to work on a daily basis frustrated knowing that I would be in contact with just this one person. Knowing that I should not hold grudges even to people who stab you in the back is really hard. God says to turn the other cheek correct? Well it was truly hard for me to do that.
When I used to wake up on Monday mornings, I felt a relief because the individual in person would not be in the office. I could be myself around my teammates and really enjoy everyone and build and grow as a team. However, when Tuesday rolled around the tension rose and my blood began to boil just knowing I would have to encounter this person. How could I allow someone to get under my skin like that?
- I put scriptures in my cube
- I intentionally avoided them
- I made sure that I would walk the other way
- I tried to seem normal
However, it was adversity for me and really it could have just been me in my mind, allowing someone else to get me so angry. So I needed to learn how to overcome this because it is not healthy for me as a Christian Leader to feel this way about someone right? So I needed to learn how to channel my temper and make sure that it was at a level where it could be controlled. So here are a few things that I did.
- Asked God to order my words / Steps - I would walk away from my cube to the outside and spend time with God for a few minutes. Talking praying and asking him to forgive me and the person I was holding so much anger for. This helped to calm me down allot and allowed me to not even think about the situation.
- Talk to my wife about it – If you have a significant other and you are in this position, speak to them. Tell them how you feel and ask them what should your next steps be. My wife was so sweet and kind and she always knew the right things to do and say.
- Go to the gym and workout – This was my favorite and it would really allow me to clear my mind and have some much-needed fun with the guys at lunch time.
- Do my job to the best of my ability – I found that the individual tried to make me believe that I was incompetent in the job I was doing by belittling my work. However, I continue to do my job to the best of my ability and always strove for 1000% perfection.
Question: Have you ever been in a situation like this? What did you do to resolve it?
Our Vision Statement : To help others market themselves online, and build GOD focused Organizations, by creating a tribe of passionate Network Marketing Entrepreneurs that love the Lord, their families, and others.
Email: [email protected]
Work With Me –Top 5 reason to work with me