When you as a Leader are creating a culture or an environment sometimes not everyone that you want in your space will be able to continue to remain in your space because of the environment that you are creating for yourself and your team. Sometimes not everyone can keep up with how change happens and how rapidly it happens and some people will eventually prune themselves because they can’t handle the atmosphere.
Building a team and creating a culture and environment can and will be challenging for you as a Leader and we as Emerging Leaders need to make sure that we are prepared to Lead on all aspects and from different angles with different people. Now in Network Marketing we build teams and with that you run into many different personalities and since my wife and I had created our Life Plan, we have decided that we are only going to work with a certain type of person. When creating the environment for excellence you need to determine how and when you are going to work. What type of Leader will you be? How will you allow your time to be managed?
Here are some traits of people we attract to us;
- God Fearing Individuals – You must have GOD at the center or trying to make him #1 in your life. (We are creating our team focus around this)
- Constantly Improving – Individuals that want to constantly grow and get better every single day and improve on the skills that are lacking where you need to get better on.
- Humility/ Team Player – We said that we will not want to work with someone who is full of themselves and put themselves over the team. You must absolutely be a team player and someone who puts the team first.
- Atmosphere Changer – This is someone who gets the culture and wants to not only improve the team chemistry, but wants to be a major contributor to the teams overall success.
So my wife and I sat down and mapped out the type of people that we are willing to work with and want to work with. Now, will it always be perfect? No, we are not trying to create a perfect environment but we are creating our culture and atmosphere and want to make sure that we only partner with individuals that believe in the bigger goal and good of the entire group.
So what happens when the Atmosphere for Excellence begins to change?
- People usually leave – When you have someone who is not a good fit for the environment, they usually find some fault and eventually weed themselves out and leave.
- People usually stay – The people who are used to an environment of Excellence and only want to improve the environment and they usually end up staying and improving the atmosphere.
- People will succeed – Those that want to rise to the occasion and love to be pushed in an environment that keeps them uncomfortable, but learning at a high level and pushes them out of their comfort zone. These are the people who will succeed.
- People will fail – Unfortunately, not everyone will be able to keep up with an Excellence environment and that will mean some will fail and quit. It happens in life, and its unfortunate.
As an Emerging Leader and Teacher I am going to start reading the book of Nehemiah because its focuses on Leadership using biblical principles. I can’t wait to embark on this book because it will teach me some really valuable lessons I’m sure.
Question: What’s the Atmosphere that you are creating as a Leader?
My Vision: As a Professional Entrepreneur, my vision is to help others market themselves online to build GOD focused Organizations. It’s all about Creating a tribe of Entrepreneurs that love the Lord, their families, and seeing others succeed.