I can’t take credit for this post but I sat in a Leadership session at Relevant Church and took notes on greatness and I wanted to share this with you. In any Organization you need to be sure that you are always striving for greatness because it comes with the territory.
- In order to achieve greatness we must have a culture of discipline that focuses on these three questions.
- What are you deeply passionate about?
- What drives your economic engine?
- What you can be the best in the world at?
- Sustained results hinge on building a culture of self disciplined people who take self disciplined action based on these three questions.
- We must have the willingness to shun opportunities that fall outside the three questions.
- A great organization is much more likely to die of indigestion from too much opportunity than starvation from too little.
A Culture of Discipline
- A culture of discipline requires duality – on one hand it requires people to adhere to a consistent system on the other, it gives freedom and responsibility within that system.
- A culture of discipline is not just about action – it is about disciplined people who engage in disciplined thought, who then take disciplined action.
- The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline – a problem that largely goes away if you have the right people in the first place.
- Most companies build rules to manage the small percentage of wrong people on the bus, which in turn drives the right people off the bus, which then increases for bureaucracy to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline.
- We must avoid bureaucracy and hierarchy and instead create a culture of discipline.
- We must create systems where every leader in every role is responsible for his or her return on investment.
- Recognize that planning is priceless, but plans are useless.
- Status and authority come from your Leadership capabilities, not your position.
- Start a “Stop doing” list! – What are you going to stop doing that is not in your scope?
- It is important to budget our resources around the 3 questions.
- We must have the discipline to do the right thing and, equally important, to stop doing the wrong things.
Question: Are you in an Organization? How are you pushing for greatness?
Our Vision Statement : To help others market themselves online, build GOD focused Organizations by creating a tribe of passionate Network Marketing Entrepreneurs that love the Lord, their families, and others.
PS: If Your team Does Not Have a Step-By-Step Blueprint For Success, Check This Out (Unless You Already Have Too Many Leads) – Click Here Access