When building a team it can be a very cumbersome thing because some people will only work at their own pace and they will only do that. So how do you effectively build a team when some people work 0, 30, 60, 90, or 100%? There are so many individual personalities and so much at stake that you may have to take your team building outside of your normal environment. Here are some ways on how you can build your team outside of your natural work environment.
I know when I was in Corporate America the team synergy was very important and now that I am a Business Owner that is building a team environment in a non traditional manner it takes creativity to make sure that you are building the team to fit all the different personalities that you will encounter. Because I don’t work in an office anymore here are a few ways that I am building..
- In the Dens and Living rooms – What better way to build your team than in their own dens and living rooms. The reason is because now as a team you can get together in a familiar and relaxed environment and do training, support, development and have some fun at one of your partners homes. Why not rotate it, and put it on the calendar.
- Via Google Plus Hangout – I just did my first Google Plus hangout with our Campus Pastor and I found this can be a great way to build a team remotely or even if you are in the same geographic location. It allows you to stay at home in comfort and also see the other team members regularly. Its great!
- Team Retreat – Now, I have never done a retreat of any kind. No camping, hiking or anything like that but if you were to take your entire team into isolation and all of you are away from technology and are just spending time with each other getting to know one another then you will see that a team environment should spark from this.
- Road Trip – A good old highway trip with a caravan of buses or one big van with your main stakeholders would be a great way to spend time away from the office so to speak. Depending on where you are going the 10+ hours it would take to get to your destination would more than allow you to bond with team members you may not have in the past.
- Via Blogging / Video Blogging – Yes, this seems kind of weird way to build a team just by writing or shooting some videos and posting them. How can this possibly lead to team building? Well imagine this, if you are writing and people truly get to see what you think and feel through your blog, or they get to see you frequently on video and see your facial expressions as you video blog, that can build closeness amongst a team.
Since I now work from my home, I use technology to connect with my team that is around the country. We use webinars, conference calls, and occasionally we travel all to one place like a National Convention to meet, great, and learn. Can’t beat that right?
Question: Can you think of any other creating ways to build a team outside of your normal work environment?
Our Vision Statement : To help others market themselves online, and build GOD focused Organizations, by creating a tribe of passionate Network Marketing Entrepreneurs that love the Lord, their families, and others.
Work With Me –5linx Enterprises