Clarity in a busy world filled with demands and expectations can really throw you for a loop. This morning I was struggling to meet deadlines and goals to write, teach, train, and recruit but I just couldn’t so I decided to go for a run for clarity. During the run, I gathered 5 points that can also help you with your clarity.
Colossians 3:23-24 – Work willingly at whatever you do, as through you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the master you are serving is Christ.
I was really struggling this morning to find clarity and I know we all face that, we have the demands of family, our businesses or jobs for others, our friends pulling us in different directions and you wanting to stay ahead of the curb so to speak, or that may just be me. I know as an Entrepreneur I need to make sure that I am focused at all times because each day, hour, minute and down to the second that I spend doing something, if it’s not worth my time I am going to have to say no, but it has been hard for me to say no for some reason.
I could not think on what I wanted to write today so I went for a Jog for clarity so that I can clear my mind and focus. There were 5 things that I discovered on my jog that lead to massive clarity and started my creative juices flowing again.
- I don’t have to be on anyone’s schedule – As I was jogging I realized that I was not on anyone else’s timeline but God and my own. I was not wrapped up in trying to please someone else so that they could like me, or to pretend to like someone just so I would not get fired. Even if you are on a job, you need to know that your lunch break, or breaks in between can be used as Your Scheduled time.
- You need quiet time – I realized that even at home, the washer and dryer may be clanging, my wife on a conference call in the other room or my iPhone buzzing from a Facebook post, or a team member or prospect calling for more info on what I do.
- Music will inspire you – I’m not sure about you but Music inspires me and I had Pandora cranking to my favorite music that makes me relax.
- Someone giving you encouragement is needed – We all need encouragement and I found that my Nike running app gave me inspiration along the journey. Keep going it said, you are .25 miles from your best run yet.
- You have to celebrate every success – When I was done, luckily I was the only person out there. I was fist bumping myself, throwing my hands in the air, and punching the wind. You would have thought I was crazy. However, we must celebrate everything we do and others do.
Question: In what ways do you find clarity besides God of course?