Well sometimes when you are in a Leadership position you are going to find yourself capped at a certain level with individuals and yourself. Now its no fault of the individual that you are working with or Leading, but its more your fault because you are capped at a level where you don’t know how to lead that individual. What makes them tick? Why don’t they participate? If you don’t know the answers you are capped..
So how do you get out of this trap that you are in? I found that I was in this position and I was blaming the individual instead of looking in the mirror and blaming myself. There comes a time in leadershipp when you have to make a judgement decision and I was faced with a tough decision that I had to make and I was not sure how to do it.
So how exactly do you know when you are in a trapped/capped level of Leadership?
- You are not growing with others – You try to Lead on your own, but still nobody listens to you. So in all actuality you are really just Leading yourself.
- You don’t know what to do next – You truly don’t know the next step in Leading someone after they have joined your team. All you do is dictate and bark orders like you have seen other Leaders do in the past instead of getting in the trenches and doing it alongside your team.
- You tell others to do things you are afraid to do – You simple just don’t follow your own advice. You don’t make calls, you don’t help anyone, you just gloat off of the fact that you have a position/title but not sure where you are going, and you really have no clue.
So what are some things that you can do when you find yourself in this type of situation?
- Read more books on Leadership – This is so important to do. If you find yourself stuck, then you need to start reading in the area where you are weakest and take some ideas from other Leaders.
- Find out more about the people you lead – Don’t just accept that fact that you have the title, and you were there first so they must automatically listen. No, you should find out more deeply about those individuals on a more personal level.
- Show some vulnerability – Now this does not mean that you should cower and whimper into a corner and not allow anyone to say anything to you. No, absolutely not. This means you should show a side to your team that you care about them and what they are going through and you will find a way to help resolve their problems.
Question: What are some ways that you would attempt to break out of your stagnant Leadership position?
Our Vision Statement : To help others market themselves online, and build GOD focused Organizations, by creating a tribe of passionate Network Marketing Entrepreneurs that love the Lord, their families, and others.
Work With Me – M5 Networker